What do you think is the right name for the gulf ?
Greetings dear friends and loved ones, the number of votes has changed the way google map displays “Persian Gulf” on its map. Close to 54% votes are in favor of Arabian gulf and it means that Google will soon have the name Arabian Gulf on their map instead of persian gulf. If every person you share this post with, new people can vote, the number of votes of a million passes. Kindness to ourselves and future generations with thanks.
http://www.persianorarabiangulf.com/index.php – Click here to cast your vote.
Then share this post with everyone you can.
Why Persian Gulf?
- Used in most of the maps from long time ago so there is no need to change the name. It has been and will always remain the Persian Gulf
- Used by United Nations in their documents
- It’s a historical name
- On almost all maps printed before 1960, and in most modern international treaties, documents and maps, this body of water is known as the “Persian Gulf”.
- Arabian gulf means the Red Sea so the “Arabian gulf” name may create confusion with the Red sea so it’s better to use the name Persian gulf
- If the Arabian Gulf gets it’s name from the fact that more Arab countries are surrounding it, then India Ocean should also change its name because India has a smaller border with it than other countries.
- Used by the Arab League
- Used by United Nations in their Arabic documents and Arabic Language is an official language in the United Nations
- The name “Persian gulf” is linked to the Persian empire that does not exist any more. As Mediterranean sea used to be called Roman Sea
- Iran does not mean Persia, Iranian people consist of Persians, Arabs, Azeri, Turkmen, Kurds, Gilakis, Mazandaranis, Lurs, and Baluchis
- The people who live around the gulf are mostly Arabs so by demography it should be called Arabian Gulf
- There are 6 Arabic countries around the gulf but Iran is alone and 70% of the coast line is under Arabic countries