4 Fish steaks/slices (1 lb approx).
Any fish like Salmon, Trout, Halibut, King Fish, Mackerel, Haddock, Tilapia, Flounder can be used. Pomfret an Indian Pacific Ocean Fish is used in this recipe.
1 cup oil for frying or as needed
1 Cast Iron Frying pan or a Indian cast iron tava
6 tsp garlic and hot pepper paste
2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Rub fish slices with all of the marinade masala. Rub well and Marinate fish slices overnight or at least for 4 hours.
2. In a large frying pan or a tava, heat oil till hot. This adds flavor to the fried fish And fries it crispy.
3. Carefully place the fish skin side down. Fry for 3 minutes on high heat, next lower heat and cook till fish is done on one side.
4. Flip over to the next side and fry till fish is well cooked. If fish gets stuck to pan, shut off the heat and wait for 5 minutes, it will release then.
5. Serve fish hot sprinkled with fresh finely chopped cilantro/Kothmir/Coriander. Drain fish on paper towels if you do not like it oily.
6. While serving, I like to drizzle a little of the fried fish oil on top. This step can be omitted if you are dieting 🙂
Source : http://parsicuisine.com/class-3-fried-fish-how-to-fry-fish-parsi-style/
Thanks for asking – find my recipe at http://parsicuisine.com/class-3-fried-fish-how-to-fry-fish-parsi-style/
Rita Jamshed Kapadia Rita Jamshed Kapadia I added your link as the source at the bottom of the article.