Some of the Parsi Jokes that we have compiled below, if you know any parsi jokes do kindly reply in the comment below.
You know you are a Bawa (or a very close friend of one) if:
- You look at the clock and tell the time by saying, “It’s time for a drink!”
- You are looking at a pretty girl and describing her to your wife (Khodiaji eh ainey makhan-malido thi banavyuch!)
- Eggs are God’s Gift and that you have a birth-right to eat them whenever you want, wherever you want & as many as you want.
- The greatest catastrophe you have faced is that the liquor is over at home.
- The second greatest catastrophe is the eggs getting over at home.
- Dhansak is a dish of 4th day mourning of a funeral. Which gives you the God-given right to have it every Sunday, in mourning for the Monday to come tomorrow.
- You have at least 3 relatives with the same first-name (e.g Freni, Keti, Banu etc), causing you to add suffixes such as gandi (mad), lukhhi (thin or miserly) and nalli / motti (younger/older).
- M.C & B.C are completely non-offensive & normal terms of endearment in completely civil language. The closer the friend, the weirder the swear word. (e.g Tari ghaderi no legho chootyo)
- You have one crazy passion that you just cannot let go of, from the age of 9 to the age of 90, be it cars, bikes, flying, repairing clocks, stamp collection, coin collection, painting, music, dance, drama or movies.
- Helping a friend in need is as natural at breathing to you. You do not think about it, it just happens automatically, most of the time without you realizing it.
- You know one Bawa joke for every Sardar joke you ever heard.
- You know one Sardar joke for every Gujju joke you ever heard.
- You know one Gujju joke form every Bawa joke you ever heard.
- You are on a first name basis with the Almighty, and a couple of swear words while addressing any Higher power is purely out of familiarity.
- You never make enemies and neither do you forget them!
Parsi films that never made it to the big screen!!!
- Rumi and Juliet
- Much Bhonu about Nothing
- The Taming of the Kekashrew
- Moby Dikra
- Cama Sutra
- A Bridge too Farrokh
- The Battle of the Bulsaras
- The Rhyme of the Ancient Nariman
- When Homi met Salli
- The Mehroo Wives of Windsor
- Pearl Harbourwalla
- Pretty Boman
- Dirty Dhansak
- Guns of Navroze
- Where Eagles Darius
- The Good, the KekoBad and the Dagli
- Bend it like Baman
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.