Method to make SUVA to be had after delivery of a baby.
|Variali (saunf)||100 gms.|
|Khuskhus (poppy seeds)||100 gms.|
|Thin Powa (flat rice)||50 gms.|
|Sukka Kopra (dry coconut)||one cup or 2 vati|
|Chaar Jatna Magaj||100 gms.|
|Mamro Badam(mamro almonds)||150 gms.|
|Kaju (cashew nuts)||100 gms.|
|Elaichi Jaiphal pwd.(cardamom/nutmeg)||2 tsp.|
|Pure ghee (hot, melted)||2 tablespoon|
|Salt to taste||but not too much.|
- Ø Cut the dry coconut in to very tiny pcs. Or pref. grate it,
- Ø Pick and clean Suva, Variyali, khuskhus , powa.
- Ø Cut very fine Mamro Badam (American will also do, but Mamro is better)
- Ø Cut very find Cashew nuts
- Ø Dry roast all of the above (except elachi/jaiphal powder) individually/separately on a medium flame on tawa/non-stick pan.
- Ø As you roast each ingredient put it in large plate and mix everything well.
- Ø Put the entire mixture in a big steel/non stick vessel, make a little solution with salt and water and sprinkle all over and mix well.
- Ø Now add 2 tablespoons melted ghee and mix well on a slow flame till everything mixes well. Keep stirring for 2 to 3 mins. till nice aroma fills the room.
- Ø Add cardamom/nutmeg (elaichi/Jaiphal powder) mix and remove from the stove.
- Ø Let it cool and store in 2 to 3 airtight bottles.
- Ø Eat it as and when you like, after meals is a must, as it betters the quality of breast milk and you and the baby will have less gas to deal with.
Courtesy : Thrity Tantra