We are pleased to announce the publication of volume 19 of the Bulletin of Asia Studies which is dedicated to P.O. Skjaervo, Aga Khan Professor of Iranian at Harvard University, and author of numerous works on the languages, history and religions of Central Asia and Iran. This volume contains 28 articles by a team of international scholars and is edited by Carol Altman Bromberg together with Nicholas and Ursula Sims-Williams.
Articles of specifically Zoroastrian interest are:
· Yaakov Elman (Yeshiva University): The Other in the Mirror: Iranians and Jews View One Another. Questions of Identity, Conversion, and Exogamy in the Fifth-Century Iranian Empire. Part One
· Almut Hintze (School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London): The Cow That Came from the Moon: The Avestan Expression mÄ h-gaociÎ¸ra-
· Stephanie W. Jamison (UCLA), Poetic Self-Reference in the Rig Veda and the Persona of Zarathustra
· Jean Kellens (Collège de France, Paris) and Philippe Swennen (Université de Liège): Le sacrifice et la nature humaine
· Maria Macuch (Freie Universität Berlin): The HÄ“rbedestÄ n as a Legal Source: A Section on the Inheritance of a Convert to Zoroastrianism
· Antonio Panaino (Dipt di Storie e Metodi per le Conservazione dei Beni Culturali, Ravenna), Sheep, Wheat, and Wine: An Achaemenian Antecedent of the Sasanian Sacrifices pad ruwÄ n
· Shai Secunda (The Hebrew University, Jerusalem): Studying with a Magus/Like Giving a Tongue to a Wolf
· Daniel Jensen Sheffield (Harvard University, Cambridge): The Wizirgerd i Denig and the Evil Spirit: Questions of Authenticity in Post-Classical Zoroastrianism
· Ursula Sims-Williams (British Library, London): The Strange Story of Samuel Guise: An 18th-Century Collection of Zoroastrian Manuscripts
· Yuhan Sohrab-Dinshaw Vevaina (Harvard University, Cambridge): Resurrecting the Resurrection: Eschatology and Exegesis in Late Antique Zoroastrianism
Full details and a table of contents can be seen and downloaded from:
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.